If you have been following me on social media for a while now, you most likely noticed that one of my favorite things to make are raw protein balls. These nutrient-dense collagen balls are great for on-the-go snacks, afternoon pick-me-ups, and AM yogurt-bowl additions! I prefer making them at home because I can control the sugar content and I usually add a little more protein than you would find at a juice bar or grocery store. I added Further Food collagen to this recipe (my discount code is nourishednutritionlw10)!
Matcha Collagen Protein Balls
Raw matcha protein balls
- 1 T matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 t cinnamon
- 3 scoops Further Food collagen peptides
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 T coconut oil (melted)
- 2 T coconut butter (melted)
- 1-2 T maple syrup (depends on how sweet you like it)
Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend on high until smooth. You may have to stop to scrape the sides of the processor a few times during the process. Add more milk if the texture is not correct!
Roll into 1-inch balls and store in a sealed container in the fridge!
- You can easily make this recipes paleo by taking out the oat flour! Just add 1/2 cup of almond flour in its place
- Check out my post on how to make your own almond milk! You can then use the milk in this recipe, as well as the leftover almond pulp 🙂
Oh, and did I mention these also make great boat snacks?
And hiking snacks?!