Another day, another pumpkin recipe!! Since it is full-fledged pumpkin season, I made #glutenfree pumpkin spice balls! I served these at my nutrition class last week as a sweet treat and they were a total hit! Let me know if you give them a try ?
1 ¼ c. almond flour
3 T. organic real maple syrup
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
2 scoops Vital Proteins collagen
½ t. cinnamon
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
¼ t. salt
½ t. vanilla
Coconut Sugar Coating:
¼ c. coconut sugar
¼ t. cinnamon
¼ t. pumpkin pie spice
2. In a small bowl combine coconut sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the dough and roll into a ball.
4. Place the ball in the coconut sugar bowl and roll to completely coat it. Place on a large plate or glass Tupperware for storage.
5. Repeat the above two steps with the remaining pumpkin spice ball mixture.
6. For best texture, serve immediately. The coating tends to melt after a couple of hours. You can always re-coat the balls if needed so keep the extra sugar mixture handy.