- 2 lbs beef stew meat (I used butcher box) Cut into 1½ -2 inch pieces
- 2 T avocado oil
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 1/2 – 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 6oz. can tomato paste
- 1 package mushrooms
- 32 oz. carton of chicken or beef bone broth (or 4-6 cups)
- 4 potatoes of choice, cut into chunks
- 2 t dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 1 T avocado oil on the “sauté” or “brown” function on your pressure cooker.
- Once it is hot add ½ of the beef to the pot in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brown the beef on both sides (about 4 min per side) then transfer to a bowl to rest. Then brown the second half of the stew meat, adding more oil if necessary.
- Remove the remaining beef from the pot and add more avocado oil. Place the onions in the pot and sauté for a few minutes. Once the onions have begun to soften, add the garlic and stir.
- Deglaze the pot by adding 1 cup of broth and scraping the bottom. Then add the remaining bone broth.
- Add the tomato paste, mushrooms, thyme, bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir then add the beef and stir again.
- Add the celery, potatoes, and carrots to the top- Do not stir.
- Close the lid to the pressure cooker and seal the steam release valve. Cook for 35 minutes at high pressure.
- Once the time is up, allow the pressure to release on its own (do not use the quick release function). This should take 10 more minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure with the quick release valve then open the pot.
- Remove the bay leaves if you can find them and stir it all together!
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- This recipes works for all types of pressure cookers! Not just Instant Pots! I actually have GoWise.