Another day, another pumpkin recipe!! Since it is full-fledged pumpkin season, I made #glutenfree pumpkin spice balls! I served these at my nutrition class last week as a sweet treat and they were a total hit! Let me know if you give them a try ?
1 c. gluten-free oat flour
1 ¼ c. almond flour
3 T. organic real maple syrup
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
2 scoops Vital Proteins
½ t. cinnamon
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
¼ t. salt
½ t. vanilla
Coconut Sugar Coating:
¼ c. coconut sugar
¼ t. cinnamon
¼ t. pumpkin pie spice
1. In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix until well combined (you may have to use your hands)
2. In a small bowl combine coconut sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the dough and roll into a ball.
4. Place the ball in the coconut sugar bowl and roll to completely coat it. Place on a large plate or glass Tupperware for storage.
5. Repeat the above two steps with the remaining pumpkin spice ball mixture.
6. For best texture, serve immediately. The coating tends to melt after a couple of hours. You can always re-coat the balls if needed so keep the extra sugar mixture handy.
*I will be making these multiple times throughout the fall season!!! For those of you health nuts out there, you know that sometimes it is hard to get people to switch over to healthy desserts during the holidays. Give these a try and try them out on friends and family ❤️